When the day flies by and dinner time has arrived, having a few quick recipes to whip up will make getting a meal on the table much smoother. Therefore, you will want to keep these two recipes on hand to be the hero of night. Boneless, skin thighs combined with a few basic ingredients will become a delicious, healthy meal to satisfy your family. Enjoy!
Challenge of the Week: Get outside every day this week and enjoy some sunshine, even just 5 minutes can boost your mood, reduce stress, energize you, and help you focus as you continue with the rest of your day!
Easy Lemon Garlic Chicken Thighs
-1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
-2 tbsp ghee
-sea salt and pepper
-1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
-3/4 cup chicken broth
– 3-4 cloves garlic
-2 tsp fresh rosemary
- Heat a large heavy skillet over medium/med-hi heat and add 1 Tbsp of the ghee.
- Sprinkle the chicken on both sides with sea salt and pepper. Once the skillet is hot add each chicken piece to the skillet in a single layer. Allow the first side to cook about 4-5 minutes or until nicely browned, then flip and cook the second side for the same amount of time, until browned and just cooked through.
- Remove the chicken pieces from the skillet onto a cutting board or plate and lower the heat to low. Add the broth, lemon juice, garlic and 2nd Tbsp of ghee to the pan and stir, scraping up any browned chicken bits too. Allow the sauce to cook/simmer for about a minute or two until thickened, then add the chicken back to the pan.
- Flip the chicken in the pan to gently coat with the sauce and add the rosemary if you choose. Cook for one more minute, then remove from heat and serve hot. Enjoy!
One Pan Garlic Herb Chicken and Asparagus
-3-6 chicken thighs or boneless skinless chicken breasts (breasts pounded to even ½ inch thickness)
– salt and pepper, to taste
-1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed
-2 tablespoons organic butter, ghee or coconut oil, divided
-1 tablespoon minced garlic
-1 ½ tsp dried Italian seasoning
-½ teaspoon onion powder
-salt and pepper, to taste
-fresh herbs for garnish (optional)
- Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large pan/skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in garlic and herbs and cook another minute or so until the garlic is fragrant. 2. Reduce heat to medium, add chicken to pan, and cook for 5-7 minutes, then flip and cook another 5-7 minutes. (Chicken should be nearly, but not completely cooked through by this point)
- Scoot the chicken over the sides and add remaining 1 tablespoon butter to the empty portion of the pan. Once the butter is melted, add asparagus. Season asparagus with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, rotating throughout, for 4-6 minutes until tender and chicken is completely cooked through.
- Serve immediately garnished with freshly cracked black pepper and fresh herbs if desired.
-Kay Simms, MS, HFI, CSCS