Who doesn’t love a sweet treat? Try one of these delicious recipes below for a snack that provides good protein plus a little fat and carbs for steady fuel. Or look to one of these instead of that piece of chocolate cake after you meal and your dessert will not follow you home on the scale. Sweet, satisfying, and slimming!
Four Ingredient Protein Pudding
1. Mix all ingredients together until combined
2. Place in refrigerator for approximately one hour or the freezer for 30 minutes
If you want the consistency to be more like ice cream, freeze it for at least an hour.
If you want the consistency to be more like icing, refrigerate it for at least an hour.
Chickpea Energy Bars
-2 Cups chickpeas
-4 TBSP applesauce
-1/4 cup salted almonds (chop first in processor)
-1/2 cup almond butter
-1/2 tbsp himilayan salt
-1/2 tsp cinnamon
-1 scoop vanilla plant based protein powder
-2 TBSP maple syrup
-Optional: 1 tbsp cocao butter
-1 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Add almonds to food processor and chop away (can skip this and use salted almond butter)
2. Remove almonds and pour in the chickpeas. You don’t want to create a soup, just getting the chickpeas blended
3. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and stir
4. Place in fridge for 20-30 minutes
5. Using a cookie scoop, scoop them out and onto wax paper
6. You can layer them in a tupperware container with wax in between. Store in the fridge