Here’s a wonderful protein-packed snack recipe. The addition of homemade BBQ sauce takes these meatballs from regular to extraordinary. Enjoy as a power snack or throw a couple on a pile of greens for a light meal. Makes: 18
Here’s what you need…
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 1/2 cup onion, finely minced
- 2 Tablespoons coconut milk, canned, full fat
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 oz ground cooked ham
- 12 oz ground raw pork
- 1/3 cup coconut crystals
- 2/3 cup organic, no-sugar-added ketchup
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- In a large bowl combine eggs, almond flour, flax meal, onion, coconut milk, Dijon, and pepper. Add ground ham and ground pork; mix well. Shape into 18 balls, using about 1/4 cup mixture for each ball. Place ham balls in a lightly greased 2-quart rectangular baking dish.
- In a bowl combine coconut crystals, ketchup, vinegar, and Dijon. Stir until the coconut crystals dissolve. Pour a spoonful over each ham ball.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree F oven about 35 minutes or until done. Transfer ham balls to a serving platter and enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One meatball equals: 122 calories, 7g fat, 293mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, and 9g protein
Motivate your friends, family and co-workers! share with a friend link below to forward this newsletter.