Would you like to be 50 pounds lighter just 12 months from now?
Can you image how you would look?
You’d look like a whole new, younger person.
It’s actually much easier than you think, and I’m not talking about invasive, costly surgery, or grueling routines.
All it takes is losing one pound each week. One single pound.
Let’s break it down mathematically. A pound is 3,500 calories—spread that over 7 days and you need a 500-calorie deficit each day to lose 1 pound in a week.
Your 500-calorie deficit can be done by a combination of increased calorie exertion (exercise) as well as a decrease in calories consumed (eating less).
First, record your normal weekly exercise – look at everything from walking to participating in sports to exercising in the gym. This is your starting point. From here you’ll need to burn an additional 3500 calories on top of your normal weekly exercise.
If you don’t currently exercise, then any new activity will count towards your 3500-calorie weekly goal.
Second, record your normal weekly food intake – this may be an eye-opener when you see how many calories you eat in a day. Record everything honestly, since you are only cheating yourself by not recording everything. Calculate the total number of calories that you eat in an average day.
Now divide the 3500 calories between your activity list and your food list. You could choose to eliminate 1000 calories each week and burn off an additional 2500. Or you may decide to burn 3000 calories and eat 500 fewer calories.
Here are 7 simple ways to cut 250 calories:
- Drink plain coffee instead of a sweetened coffee drink. Flavored coffee drinks are delicious but filled with way too much sugar. Drop 250 calories (or more) when you stick with plain coffee or tea instead of sugar-filled coffee drinks.
- Just say NO! To treats and snacks. For each tempting treat that you refuse to eat, imagine the 250 calories falling off of your waistline, and smile to yourself.
- Jog for 30 minutes. Want in on a little secret? The hardest part about a simple 30-minute jog is the act of getting your shoes on and walking out the door. It’s true.
- Exchange 20 oz of regular soda for water. You know that soda is filled with tons of sugar, so why are you still drinking it? Every time you crave an ice cold cola picture swallowing spoonfuls of white sugar. That’s probably the easiest way to weight gain. Stick with water and kiss those extra calories goodbye.
- Swim laps for 30 minutes. If your response to my jogging suggestion was ‘I have bad knees’, then you are in luck. Swimming is one of the best aerobic activities you can do, and it is impact-free. When you swim you recruit your entire body, a process which requires lots of energy—AKA calories.
- Eat an apple instead of a cookie. Do you always go for something sweet after dinner? While your first instinct may be to reach for a cookie or a bowl of ice cream, why not consider what nature has to offer? Fruit is sweet, natural and lower in calories than traditional desserts.
- Come give Jesse James Fit or Outlaw FitCamp a try. We have the whole calorie-burning equation down to a science, and would love nothing more than to help you achieve your fitness goal. Our FitCamp workouts have been known to burn hundreds of calories at a time, so what are you waiting for?
Losing 50 pounds in 12 months is very possible. Simply use the tips above to create your daily 500 calorie deficit and you’ll be shedding the weight in no time.
When you work with one of our trainers and coaches, there’s a good chance that those 50 pounds will come falling off in less than 12 months. That wouldn’t be so bad, would it?