The weather is keeping us on our toes with frigid temperatures one day and spring warmth the next! Regardless of the temperature, your family will still be wanting a hearty, flavorful meal for lunch or dinner and cabbage noodles fit the bill! if you haven’t tried them yet, this week’s recipes are a good start. Cabbage is loaded with vitamins K and C, folate, B6, fiber and more and provides a great base for your favorite healthy sauces and noodle dishes. Cook it up and enjoy!
Challenge of the Week: Hydration is very important for our entire body for mental clarity, metabolism, organ function and more! This week make sure you are getting enough water with the gallon challenge! If you a women and not getting at least ½ gallon every day, make that your goal or go for 1 gallon. If you are a man not getting at least 1 gallon every day, commit to drinking that much water or up it to 1 ½ gallons. Hydrate for health!
-1 head cabbage
–Your favorite pasta sauce or toppings. (Such as meat sauce, marinara sauce, homemade cream sauce or even just butter and salt)
- Remove the tough outer leaves of the cabbage.
- Use a serrated knife to cut the cabbage – this is important. Now, cut the cabbage in half.
- Place the cabbage half cut-side-down and start slicing lengthwise to create thinnish strips of cabbage.
- When you reach the core, start cutting on the other side. Now flip the core over and cut the cabbage that is left on the core off. And then cut this piece of cabbage into lengthwise strips. Always go against the grain and around the core.
- Repeat with the other half.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add a big pinch of sea salt. Add the sliced cabbage and boil for 4-5 minutes, until tender but not mushy.
- Drain and top with your favorite sauce!
Beef and Cabbage Noodles with Almond Chili Sauce
-1 lb. Ground Beef
-1 Small Head Cabbage, Noodled
-6 Tbsp. Almond Butter
-2 Tbsp. Coconut Vinegar
-2 Tbsp. Coconut Aminos
-2 Tbsp. Filtered Water
-2 Tbsp. Toasted Sesame Oil
-2 Tbsp. Sriracha Sauce
-10-14 drops Liquid Stevia
-Toasted Sesame Seeds (for garnish)
-Green Onions (for garnish)
- In large skillet add ground beef. Spread in bottom of pan.
- Top ground beef with noodled cabbage and cover.
- Cook covered over medium-high heat for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and mix and cook until cabbage noodles are tender, about 5 more minutes.
- In small mixing bowl whisk together almond butter, vinegar, aminos, water, sesame oil, siraracha sauce and stevia.
- Pour over cooked beef and cabbage noodles and mix to heat through.
- Plate and garnish with sliced green onions and toasted sesame seeds.